Thursday, March 18, 2010

I want your everything, as long as it's free

Happy Thursday!

I have to admit that I do a lot of web surfing during my work day (tsk tsk!), and last week we moved into a new building with new clear cubes. So now, looking at my favorite blogs in a tiny resized browser window has been nothing short of cumbersome. I mean how do I explain fashion blogs being relevant to my boss during our 1:1? Well maybe my old boss, but the new one? Not so easy.
So I created a rough draft of this post in MS word. No pictures, but below I give you links to a few of my favorite websites that also give you something free (how’s that for cheap thrills?).

Girly: The Brightside Project
What: Giveaways to up and coming artists and businesses.
How: The creators of the website wanted to bring a bit of sunshine to their visitors everyday by offering a featured product (for free to win) and the story behind its creator. In order to win you must answer their daily question.
Plus: You get information on fabulous products you ordinarily would not hear about from small business owners (most of them women).

Brainy: Free Rice
What: Vocabulary/geography/ language lessons (for you) and Rice (for the hungry)
How: You are quizzed on topics such as vocabulary and geography and for every one you get right; 10 grains of rice are donated to the UN World Food Programme.
Plus: It’s a game, it’s a charity, and it’s just plain fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment