Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Shopping Primer

I love shopping! It's also very fun for me to find the perfect gift for loved ones on my list. I find the following tips to work year after year:

  • Make a list; check it twice. I keep an excel spreadsheet that list: recipients, birthdays, Christmas lists, and costs. This keeps everything organized and I know how much I'm spending throughout the year.
  • Keep notes on what you think the recipient will like. Sizes, favorite colors, likes, dislikes, should be noted.
  • If the recipient is one that has everything they need; think little luxuries like accessories (read: neat stuff no one needs but is pretty cool to have).
  • Power in numbers: If you found a pretty cool gift and think that it would be perfect for multiple recipients... do it!
  • Gift cards are okay! Think about where the person likes to shop and consider a dollar amount that would be useful toward a purchase at that store
  • Shop throughout the year: If I find a great deal I'll buy it and store it. I have a cardboard box in my closet where I store cards and gifts.
  • It's the thought that counts!

Little luxuries I've purchased for the good girls on my Christmas List:
Gift List
Scarves: There are various colors, patterns, and textures, just think about the recipient's style
MbMJ Key Pouch: I bought a few of these from
Neiman Marcus during a special sale they had for $34!! These are perfect for keys, cash, and credit cards for those nights out. The jewel tones are spot on for the season.
Lumiere Candles: I grabbed a few in Citrus Rind (smells just like grapefruit) for $10 at Anthropologie! Gift cards: I like getting gift cards to places that are useful to the recipient, like Costco or Target.
Statement Necklace: Necklaces like these will perk up any outfit and the recipient too! I love this necklace so much I wanted one for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment