I have had people ask for my chocolate chip cookie recipe because they think there's some hidden ingredient, but there is not! I use the very original, very trustworthy Nestle Toll House recipe. This sounds really sad, but I have that recipe memorized by heart! Its a very good recipe however my method of baking differs.
- Use a cookie scoop to shape all the dough (all at once)
- Spread them on a cookie sheet
- Put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes (if I'm baking them that day, this is when I would preheat the oven to 330 degrees)
- Put any unused cookie dough balls in a Ziploc bag and (try to) save for anytime
- Bake cookies at 340 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden at the edges
- I promise chewy cookies every time!