Monday, March 16, 2009

Thomas Keller Ville

Last Friday I had the luck of not going to work (PTO!) and going to Napa to eat and drink. More eating than drinking. I'm not big on drinking during the day in public. That sounds bad.. doesn't it. Everyone knows that I love food! I spend my days thinking about it, I plan weekends around it.

My perfect day in Napa:

Lunch at Taylor's Automatic Refresher: Must order the sweet potato fries and tomato soup! Skip the fountain sodas, they taste funny.

Visit a few wineries! Must sees:

Domaine Carneros: Sparkling wines made in a french chateau! Great tour and tasting for about $30, with a great guide who loves his job (it shows).

Sterling Vineyards: Go for the gondola ride. Great views of Napa, self guided tour, their wines are ok. Find a coupon online.

Artesa: The ART in Artesa is definitely apparent here. Art and wine!

Napa Outlets: You can find a deal or two at Banana Republic. Nothing super special here, but there is a Barneys Outlet!

Bouchon Bakery: Great place to pick up a snack and items to-go! Must try: TKO (Thomas Keller Oreo in pic below, I'm going to attempt to copy this myself). Also get the french macaroons.

Dinner at Ad-Hoc: A Thomas Keller establishment. It lives up to the hype and at $49 per person you cant beat that for a 4 course dinner made with the freshest ingredients that makes you want to kiss the chef. Must try: the fried chicken. Too bad there is only one set menu per night. But that chicken is legendary!

No comments:

Post a Comment